How to Join
We became an incorporated body in 2017 with the aim of working together to grow tourism within the 5214 postcode area of Goolwa, Hindmarsh Island, Mundoo Island, Currency Creek and Mosquito Hill. We support the other south coast towns as well.
Tourism is a major driver of our local economy and we work together to develop valuable networks as we improve our tourism businesses, promote sound business strategies and support individuals, businesses and organisations that are all part of the local tourism environment. We identify ways to enhance the visitor experience by promoting existing activities and events and addressing possible gaps. We encourage all businesses and individuals connected with local tourism to join Goolwa Tourism 5214 as membership plays a vital role in lifting the quality of tourism experiences within our region.
To do this, we:
- facilitate opportunities for operators and volunteers to visit locations within the region
- continue to host the quarterly Gatherings with special speakers
- work with the Alexandrina Council to lift the profile and importance of tourism to the region, especially as it relates to Goolwa
- host functions to improve communication and understanding between operators
- maintain our website www.goolwatourism.com.au and actively promote our Facebook page
- encourage you to attend the meetings held in The Hub, Goolwa Terrace on the first Wednesday of each month where your ideas and suggestions will be welcome
- prepare for the anticipated success and interest in the regions associated with the new Storm Boy film
We have a lot to do and welcome active involvement in activities that promote our region, increase our knowledge and expertise as tourism operators and develop active links between our amazing tourism businesses.
GT5214 offers two forms of membership:
- Full Membership – Open to any business or organisation. Annual fee is $60.00. Full voting rights.
- Full Membership – Open to any individual. Annual fee is $40.00. Full voting rights.
- Associate Membership – Open to not-for-profit organisations. No annual fee. No voting rights. Associate Membership can be discontinued at any time by writing to the Secretary, PO Box 1009, Goolwa SA 5214.
There are several options for submitting your GT5214 membership application.
- You can complete the online form with your up-to-date contact details, send the completed form to the Treasurer by email to email@example.com and arrange a direct bank deposit
- You can send the completed form and your payment (cheques to be made payable to Goolwa Tourism 5214 Inc.) to the Treasurer, at PO Box 1009, Goolwa SA 5214.
Direct Bank Deposit:
Account No: 024 478 640
Name: Goolwa Tourism 5214 Inc.
Please use business or organisation name plus “Membership” as reference
Cash, Cheque or Money Order
(made payable to Goolwa Tourism 5214 Inc.) and post to the Treasurer.