Welcome to Goolwa Tourism 5214, your one stop for Visitor Information Service in Goolwa. We offer you information about what to do in Goolwa, Hindmarsh Island, Mundoo Island and Currency Creek.
At any time of the year, there is something special happening.
Postcode 5214 offers experiences that can include:
- The Mouth of the River Murray as well as entry into the Ramsar protected region of the Coorong
- Steam to Steam – Paddle steamer Oscar W and the Cockle Train
- Surfing all year round
- Whale watching in winter, wildlife, seals, fauna, bird-watching
- Freshwater sailing, marinas and boat building, especially wooden boats
- Meeting producers (cattle, sheep, goats, dairy, olives, fishing, fruit and vegetable growers) and enjoying their produce at restaurants and cafés with outstanding locations (overlooking the River Murray or beside the southern ocean) while sipping locally produced beverages that include award-winning wines, whisky and beers
- Museums and our History Room within the Alexandrina Library in Goolwa with information on Goolwa's history, plus special interest displays like cars and dolls
- Arts and crafts at markets or in great galleries, both private and community owned
- Trails for walking or cycling
- “Just Add Water” activities that include performing arts, displays, workshops and children’s activities
- Cittaslow Goolwa - events and community projects
- Heritage tours, ghost walks, shopping and much more…
For more information, follow links on our website to make direct contact with our local operators. For bookings you can contact the Goolwa Visitor Information Centre and explore the extensive Visit Alexandrina website. Telephone: 1300 466 592