How to Join
Welcome to Goolwa Tourism 5214 (GT5214) webite, your one stop for Visitor Information Service in Goolwa.
We became an incorporated body in 2017 with the aim of working together to grow tourism within the 5214 postcode area of Goolwa, Hindmarsh
Island, Mundoo Island, Currency Creek and Mosquito Hill. We support the other south coast towns within the Alexandrina Council region.
Why you should belong to GT5214
Tourism is a major driver of our local economy and we need to work together to develop valuable networks as we improve our tourism businesses, promote sound business strategies and support individuals, businesses and organisations that are all part of the local tourism environment. We identify ways to enhance the visitor experience by promoting existing activities and events and addressing possible gaps. Your membership plays a vital role in lifting the quality of tourism experiences within our region.
To do this, we :
- facilitate opportunities for operators and volunteers to visit tourism-related locations within the region
- host quarterly Tourism Gatherings with special speakers and topics of interest
- work with the Alexandrina Council to lift the profile and importance of tourism to the region, especially as it relates to Goolwa
- host dinners and other functions to improve communication, networking and understanding between operators
- maintain our website www.goolwatourism5214.com.au and actively promote our Facebook page. All financial members of GT5214 receive free listings on our website with links, descriptions and photographs
- encourage you to attend the meetings held in The Goolwa Community Hub, corner of Goolwa Terrace and Loveday Street, Goolwa on the first Wednesday of each month where your ideas and suggestions will be welcome
- promote information for business training and seminars offered by the Alexandrina Council, Fleurieu Peninsula Tourism, Regional Development Australia and the Tourism Industry Council of South Australia
- provide event information and activities via an electronic newsletter.
We have a lot to do and look forward to your active involvement in activities that promote our region, increase our knowledge and expertise as tourism operators and develop active links between our amazing tourism businesses.
TYPES OF MEMBERSHIP
GT5214 offers two forms of membership:
Full Membership – Open to any business or organisation. Annual fee is $60.00. Full voting rights.
Full Membership – Open to any individual. Annual fee is $40.00. Full voting rights.
Associate Membership – Open to not-for-profit organisations. No annual fee. No voting rights. Associate Membership can be discontinued at any time by writing to the Secretary, 33 Cadell Street, Goolwa SA 5214.
There are several options for submitting your GT5214 membership application.
- You can complete the Application for Membership form with your up-to-date contact details, send the completed form to the Treasurer by email to email@example.com and arrange a direct bank deposit (details below)
- You can send the completed form and your payment (cheques to be made payable to Goolwa Tourism 5214 Inc.) to the Treasurer, c/- 33 Cadell Street, Goolwa SA 5214.
APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP FORM
Direct Bank Deposit:
Account No: 024 478 640
Name: Goolwa Tourism 5214 Inc.
Please use business or organisation name plus “Membership” as reference
Cash, Cheque or Money Order (made payable to Goolwa Tourism 5214 Inc.) and post to the Treasurer.